Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A return to blogging

So, I took a break from blogging for a while. I'm not exactly sure why I did, other than that I quit doing it for a while and suddenly it's been a year since I posted anything.

To make amends, I could post pictures of all the big fish I caught over the past year. Huge cutthroat and rainbow trout, stout browns from Oregon, and some gorgeous brook trout to boot. However, I've lucked into quite a few fish, and a project of that magnitude would take more time than I care to invest into a blog which, currently, isn't making me any money.

But I will post a few of my favorite pictures.


This was a 26-inch cutthroat caught up in Idaho this past May. Quite the fish, and quite the fight on a 5wt fly rod! 


A decent brown trout off the Green River. I visited the Flaming Gorge Resort in June this year, to review the area for an article that's appearing in the Fall/Summer issue of On The Fly Magazine. 



A pair of large rainbow trout from a secluded spot in Utah. Well, as secluded as one can get in the Beehive State, at any rate. However, this isn't the post for my rant on how there are far too many people in the West. 


A great rainbow I caught in the middle of the best blue-winged olive hatch I've ever been fortunate enough to fish on the Lower Provo River. 


A 7-pound rainbow from the Fryingpan River in Colorado. 




Assorted large brown trout from a river in Oregon, caught last Halloween. 

That's not a complete encyclopedia of catches from the past year, but it's enough to give a glimpse of just what I've been up to. 





No comments:

Post a Comment